soyeux | pronounced: soy-yeu
Inspired by the feeling evoked by silk and interior design - soyeux is a way to invite people to add a touch of light, lux, and joy to their homes.
soyeux selects only the highest quality materials for our handmade candles
- We exclusively use soy wax - an alternative to paraffin wax (made from petroleum jelly), and is most commonly found in candles sold in commercial stores
- Paraffin wax is not environmentally friendly, releases soot into the air that you breathe, and can create a black coating on furniture and walls
- On the other hand, soy wax is a renewable source and produces about 90% less soot
- Soy wax also has a lower melting point - allowing your candles to burn longer and cleaner
- Depending on the candle you purchase, either a cotton or hemp wick is used
- Both are lead and zinc free, environmentally sustainable, and a renewable source
All packaging from soyeux is 100% recyclable or biodegradable. We made sure to carefully select packaging that will be easy to dispose of and eco-friendly.
- We have decided to not use any stickers (until we find eco-friendly options), as an alternative, we use soy-based ink stamps - no messy removals on your end and easy to recycle
- Our ribbons are made of jute and are 100% biodegradable
- Our kraft packing tape is environmentally friendly and is made up of 95% of post-consumer recycled content
- Our shipping boxes are made from kraft paper which is 100% recyclable
- Our item boxes are made of 100% recycled material and are 100% biodegradable
Our fragrance oils are cruelty, phthalate, and paraben-free - making them safe for you and the environment. They have been meticulously tested and are milder in scent than container candles.
Thank you for supporting soyeux - an Asian woman-owned small business based out of Canada. We truly hope you enjoy our products with as much love and detail that is poured into them!